? asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

How to fix hole in my sink?

This is not my sink but is very similar to what is wrong with mine, only difference is mine is blue and the hole is twice as big, I was wondering besides the obvious, just replacing it, what could I do to fix it, I don’t want to put too much money into fixing it, but would maybe be willing just to make sure it would work for a while. I tried to find things online like clays or plumbers putty, but as far as I could tell what people were saying, those wouldn’t work too well, and any videos I saw on repairing things like this were holes so small they were basically just a crack, and those solutions wouldn’t have seemed to work, any help would be appreciated, anything that you think would work I’d love to hear

Whatever you spend onaquick fix will be a 100% waste of money that you could have used towand a new sink. Habitat for Humanity has Re- Store Stores that sell building supplies / plumbing fixtures at bargain prices. 

Howsower, there is a product called FLEX SEAL which specializes in Waterproof repairs. They have a type of adhesive tape/patch that reports tostop leaks in boat bottoms to fish tanks.

Look it up on the internet ... FLEX SEAL.

• ?

Bondo        .

I'm guessing this is in the bathroom?  What I would do in such a situation is turn both hot and cold water off under the sink.  Then tell the family to use the bathtub or shower to wash their hand, just until you can get the sink fixed.  Or to brush their teeth in the kitchen, just for now.

You can tape over the existing hole with anything - masking tape, or secure a piece of cardboard - just so that nothing falls through the hole.

• ?

We have a couple of builder's junkyards that sell used things. Depending on condition you could get that for $50 or maybe less. Not much different from what a decent, ugly repair would cost you. A whole vanity with 12" sink at Home Depot is $100, or was, a couple of years ago.

• hart

glue combination epoxy resin and hardener

Two words: REPLACE IT!!!!

You would be far better off to replace the sink. If you want something cheap, go to a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and look first. They have lots of plumbing components that are extremely reasonable. You can't patch these effectively no matter what you do. 

You REPLACE the sink. That hole is FAR too large to repair at TWICE the replacement cost.

• ?

Gorilla tape until you buy a new sink, but if the hole is twice that big, patching it is futile.

I would resin glue some scrap thin plastic underneath the hole then Dillon

or resin the top, or you could use some bath sealant but longer drying time.