Why is my computer running so slow?
I know this question has been asked many times and there might be an answer, but can anybody give me a different answer?
- Boris 24Lv 72 months agoFavourite answer
1..Malware infection might be a problem.Install on computer Malwarebytes program and run scan.
2. Not needed programs,run on background and take too much CPU.
To fix it on Windows 10 computer go to Task Manager,click on tab Startup.Disable programs,that do not need to run on computer starting (make sure you do not disable System programs).
3.Go to Task Manager again.Check CPU usage.If it is very high it slows computer significantly.Check which program or process uses a lot of CPU.If the program is malicious you can disable it..Be careful.Before doing something google what you can do to fix this problem.
- keerokLv 72 months ago
Different answers? Here, take your pick.
1. Insufficient or bad RAM. Just like a bad romance.
2. Insufficient hard disk space or severely fragmented files. Just too many files and too many copy-paste, too many deletes, not emptying the trash regularly, whatevs.
3. Failing hard disk. If it rattles, time to buy a new one.
4. Too many programs running in the background. I hope you know what they're doing.
5. I guess you didn't get the memo. Windows is updating. Go back to bed.