My daughter has Covid for the second time.  Is that normal?  She is a RN.?

Yes that is normal because this virus is NOT NORMAL.   The second time around, she will suffer more.  Many people have died second time around.  Hopefully she will take care of herself and not go back to work until she is healthy again.   It could be quite possible to get it a 3rd time and 4th time.  The vaccine ONLY works on people who have not caught the disease yet. (if it is anything like the flu virus)

. The doctors have checked and in some patients the antibodies disappear when the virus disappears instead of staying in the blood system permanently.  Which made this harder to make a vaccine for because they need a copy of the antibodies.  If they disappear, there is nothing to copy.

I think you can take advise from doctor.

There have been a few second occurrences thus far although not very many. The overall long-term effects from this are not known yet although if she is otherwise healthy she should have a full recovery. RN's are high risk for COVID due to their contact with many patients.

It's not really normal they should have better protective measures to keep their staff safe. Don't let her get covid twice I read that the mortality rate increases even more.

i don't know how someone that doesn't actually exist and is just software on a computer can get covid twice but you should probably uninstall that program before it infects anything else on your computer. it could be a virus

• Times

Yes some people have gotten reinfected with covid. Antibodies last up to 7 months and you can be reinfected.

• JOHN B

I know of someone who did. The second time was worse but survived.

• opurt

Getting any disease at all isn't "normal" but it's not unheard of to contract COVID twice, especially for medical personnel that are more often exposed to it.

• Murzy

I've heard of people getting it again.

• Scott

No.  That is extremely rare.