Sean asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How do you cope knowing you're going to be alone?

How do you cope with knowing you're going to be alone for the rest of your life?

I've grown to know myself very well and unfortunately I don't get along well with others. Like, at all. I associate with many people at work and have small talk everyday but afterwards I just look forward to my next shift. I don't get along with any members of my family. Haven't spoken to my mom or sister in almost a decade so I have no clue what they're doing.

I'm not saying the problem is with everyone else nor am I looking to try and "fix" this issue of not having friends. I know my personality and it's staying the way it is.

My question, again, is how do one cope with being alone for the rest of my life? No friends, family or even a spouse. For the most part I do enjoy my alone time but there's times I get sad (about other things) and being alone REALLY weighs down on me.

Unfortunately I can't relate personally,Join a group or something that ur interested in.Ask Why. It’s really that simple. In order to change your thinking, you have to dig deeper into what it is that’s causing a reaction. Why does it bother me that another person took the parking slot that I was waiting for?

Step out of Your Comfort Zone. 

• ?

Hey Sean.... sorry to put a value judgement on your post, but what a sad tale.

Honestly I think you will be hard pressed to find any answers here - because one is only as alone as they chose to be.   Lots of peeps are estranged from their families, some have no close friends, etc - but it is extremely rare to be completely and utterly alone.  

Seems you willl have to make a choice - choose to figure out how to cope with being completely isolated OR figure out a way to be connected just enough so the "sometimes" don't come around as often.

IF you are really set on the former - all you can do (I guess) is find a few things that you can do alone, but keep your mind and heart occupied enough to fill that sometimes void.

Doing that or how to do that will be a challenge - with little available advice for you from others.  Humans are built to be social creatures, even if only in some minimal fashion (one significant other at least).   

Good luck.  I hope you are able to find the peace and happiness everyone deserves.