Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 2 months ago

Can someone explain why it's hard for most people to multiply/divide large complex numbers in their head?

With how powerful the brain is , why can't it do what a super computer calculator can do? I remember watching 60 minutes and it showed this idiot savant who was born with the gift of doing large sums in his head and even counting pi decimal values to over 100,000 correct places. It made me wonder if maybe little configurations to the brain would allow it to do other things like do large sums in head and tasks people currently find as hard. Question also reminds me of P vs NP question.

• Tom

Because their brains are not structured as Mathematical calculating machines----We use memory based tables and ALGORYTHIMS to do math because of that.  Many people cannot remember the intermediate results of calculations, they need to complete solving the problem----Those with good memories can.

• ?

A few people can do large calculation in their head; I'm not one of them.

However the human brain can do much more than even the largest computer. like driving a car, loving someone, doing a painting, and much more.

• ?

You can use PILISH to memorize pi to a tremoudous number of digits

http://www.cadaeic.net/pilish.htm