Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

What can I do the relive the pain of my left arm area?

I work in retail and use my non-dominate arm to tear open boxes and carry them. 

I've been doing this for 2 years an am 59 years old.

I do use a box cutter but lately I have experience pain in the forearm area near my elbow.

Is it the muscle area or tendons or ligaments that have become inflamed or could have they been torn?

What's the best thing do now?

Ice, pain medication, see a doc, use an ACE armband?

• Barry

You have strained a muscle. Ibuprofen tablets plus the gel will help for certain. Rest your arm as much as possible. If no improvement see your doctor as a cortisone injection may be necessary.

Sounds like you are aggravating a chronic injury.  You can use the pain medication and ACE armband if it makes you feel better.  Suggestion to try warm compresses instead, unless the ice helps more.  Baseline radiographs are needed to rule out any old bone injury.  If they are negative, physical therapy, oral anti-inflammatories, and point steriod injection therapy are all indicated.  If all those do not show marked improvement, neurological work-up is needed.  

I suggest you to consult the best doctor

take Vit B supplement for the nerves

Also spray some Ben Gay or Deep Heat

on the arm

onset of heart attack . 

• kelvin

you see your family doctor and discuss the problem with him