Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Why does my children's biological father think he can see my children after all these years?

This is detailed. I was legally to my older children's father from March of 2001 to August of 2003. In that time I had fraternal boy/boy/girl triplets (via fertility drugs). They are now 17 years old (seniors in high school). My first spouse left me, because he didn't want to be a father to 3 kids at one time. He was in the military, and he deployed to the middle east (he left me while I was pregnant). When I sent him the divorce papers, he willingly signed away his parental rights to my older children. I met the love of in July of 2005, and we got married July of 2006. We had girl in May of 2007.

My now husband is the only daddy/father my children have every known. They know that their biological father was in the military and he willingly gave up his parental rights (I saved the emails to prove it). Now their biological father has remarried, and he has other children. He wants his other kids to know their older brothers & sister. I told him he can wait until they are 18 (next June). He said that "I am being bitter, and cruel to him."

I can't fathom why my children's biological father is having regrets now. He was 30 years old when he signed away his parental rights.  He made a very conscious decision to walk away. I asked him not to, but he did it anyway. Now he's regretting his decision. My older children do know about the situation. They are OK with my decision to wait.  

I can see how your situation would seem frustrating, but I'm not clear on what your actual question is. What are you asking us, exactly, keeping in mind that we don't know your children's biological father at all?

Oh look.  It's our resident "Why" troll.

No one here knows why some random imaginary ex-husband thinks what he thinks.  as you've been told 120938470192387 times, if you want to know why, you need to ask your fake ex-husband instead of strangers on Yahoo.