semick_15 asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Root canal and crown cost out of pocket ?

I was wondering what the average cost of a root canal procedure, and crown might cost out of pocket? It looks like one of my top front teeth may need one. It's borderline but I don't have insurance at the moment unfortunately. I currently live in Massachusetts.  

• Sarah

These are the average out-of-pocket costs for a root canal:

A front tooth costs $762.

A bicuspid costs $879.

A molar costs $1,111.

Keep in mind, these are the average costs of the root canal alone. The overall price of the root canal and filling will vary, based on the materials used.

Source(s): Dread the dentist? Watch THIS... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3vTwwqKyMw
  • k w

you're at the wrong dentist if they do root canals. my Biological dentist removed mine, they're unhealthy....no joking......find a Holistic. Whole body, or Biological dentist and get a consultation...you'll find out...

You can call around for estimates. Maybe go a little further out of your area or the next state over if needed. My dentist was going to charge me $1,700 for the whole thing 4 years ago when I didn't have insurance but I had already had the xrays so probably add $250 for that.

400 for root canal, 1200 for crown, 200 for misc. fees.