Anonymous

I just really don't give a damn about making someone else rich and I can't motivate myself to work a regular 9-5. Any options out there?

Do you have a job that aren't anything like the options posted above so maybe I can get some ideas where to go next? I've been unemployed for 2 years and really can't be bothered to even apply for jobs anymore. Every now and then I do favors around the neighborhood for money, so I'm putting my foot forward to self employment but it's more of a passive income right now.

I clean houses, I walk dogs, and I care for children as well as some elderly neighbors around my area.

I may not make all that much for the work that I do, but I really enjoy it and it actually motivates me to get out of bed in the morning because someone is looking forward to me coming over and helping them.

Judith: Those are some pretty big words coming from a corporate tool.

• Judith

People don't work to make others rich.  If others get rich because of their labors, so be it.  They work so that they can pay their rent or mortgage, utilities, put food on the table, clothing and to meet other necessities or wants.  Working = income = a better life.

People with an attitude such as yours will probably end their lives with nothing to show for it and living on SSI (a federal welfare program which currently pays out a maximum of $783 a month) because they didn't work and earn enough to have a decent retirement.

You get out of life what you put into it.  Your attitude isn't doing yourself any favors.  You sound like a very lazy person with absolutely no ambition to make a better life for yourself.   Just don't get married and don't have any kids.   Wouldn't be fair to either of them.

I didn't work for a corporation; I was employed by the Social Security Administration for 32 years as a claims rep and saw what kind of benefits people received who failed to work and plan for their retirement.  Not enough to live on without also receiving SSI, food stamps and Medicaid.

The problem is more on what life styles most people have to choose from, rather than the ones wealthy people have. You need to find a community, or a group of neighbors that are well acquainted as that's the kind of work you seem to be happy with. Everyone is living rather wealthy these days. Technology, and industry has made a lot of things possible for a lot of people. The wealthiest people today have 100s of times more potential than the wealthiest people of 400 years ago. Yet, they follow the trend of living excessively, and I'll bet that over 80% of the people in poverty would also choose excess if they could get more than what they are worth as well. They live excessively as much as they can already as it is. People don't have a clue where too much ends, but they do know that it ends, and treat the idea that they can't fix it as a scape goat to delving themselves into the very things that will bring us to an end. It's a cycle of greed that cannot be fixed unless something extremely desirable, that works much more efficiently, maximizes the productivity of both your leisure time, and your work time to give you lots of satisfaction doing things you love to do comes along to replace it. The best you can do is consider how to make that possible, do enough work to make that possible if people ever conclude, and then teach others the way it could be. In time, when the end is near enough that people have to choose between greed and death, maybe they'll remember your words and start living a life that works. 

Nobody else wants to either, virtually anyone who wins the lottery quits their job.

I am a university lecturer and private educator. Although technically both help make others rich in some instances and at least to have a higher income in others. 

Either way I work about 5 hours a day and make a six figure salary.