How to get job at NASA goddard space flight center?

I mean i want to be sitting in front of computers running softwares to control Hubble telescope and satellites,LOL!!

Btw im a 24 yr old guy I have Masters degree in Aerospace engineering from Texas university and im U.S.A citizen by default !

Whats the procedure to get a job as controller?

5 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Get a job as janitor then work your way up from there.

  • 2 months ago

    They don't do that at Goddard, or even NASA for that matter.

    Get credentials, secret clearance, and experience then work for INDRA space, they control and track most of the satellites. A few other classified companies run whats left, then there is military/government control centers.

    Search them up, see what positions are open and requirements, then apply.

    IE; HST is run and controlled by the HST institute.

  • Nyx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Yup, goto the NASA jobs site and see what's there. Read through the various related job descriptions to see if you have what they are looking for.

    BTW, Goddard doesn't handle Hubble (and soon, the Webb telescope) operations. The Space Telescope Science Institute does.

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Check out the website, they have a link to Careers.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    You should not have to be spoonfed a hyperlink if you really do have?an M.S. in aerospace in engineering by someone who has a M.S. ABT in geophysics and an M.S. in geology and 3 bachelors degrees. 

    Finally. Someone?else has pointed?out that people?at Goddard do not direct the HST. The?scientists?and their teams who do their research direct and operate the HST. That is what graduate students do along with faculty members who are consultants with NASA. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.