Does this make you feel better about working a blue collar job?

Because with white collar jobs, there's too much pressure.

You got to be professional and deal with people constanly.

Plus it's always a possiblity you can get laid off while no one can take your skills from you as a blue collar worker.

Plus as a white collar worker, you'll be bored eventually because there's no physical work. 

I know a lady whos a nurse. She hates it. She wants to leave and become a bus driver.

White collar jobs are not what they seem.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mier
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

More people should opt for the skilled trades rather than going to college. 

A lot of apprentices alone in the fields are putting money down on houses Meanwhile a lot of graduates are sitting on some nice debt right now.

Even if you look at the current times, with covid and all, these guys like the plumbers, carpenters, electricians of the world are still working while others aren’t. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Attachment image
    Source(s): A nurse is a blue collar job. Blue collar/white collar is just another lousy stereotype that people put on you.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Anonymous is right, blue collar / white collar  is an antiquated term.

I think shower before work or after work is used now.

• 2 months ago

I've been a blue-collar worker most of my life and we've got the same problems also. There's often pressure to finish the job yesterday or sooner, we've got to be professional in dealing with customers as well, and should work slow down, we risk layoffs as well.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sounds like you think you have it all figured out. You don't.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

White collar and blue collar are antiquated terms from an era where workers either wore suits or were manual laborers.    Our economy isn't divided like that any more.

Many jobs involve pressure regardless of the industry.

Many jobs require being professional regardless of the industry.

Many jobs require interacting with customers/clients regardless of the industry.

It's always a possibility to lose one's job regardless of the industry.

No one can ever take one's skills regardless of the industry (although many industries require workers to update their skills regularly).

Many jobs can become boring regardless of the industry.

If a nurse wants to become a bus driver, so be it.   A bus driver might want to become a nurse.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Couldn't get a white collar job, eh?

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

There is nothing wrong with being either a blue or white collar worker.  Which is better depends upon the individual employee, not the type of work.

Regarding your reasons, they are simplistic and easily reversed.  Anyone can turn every one of them around to show white collar is "better."  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't care about any of those white collar workers, their problems don't concern me. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.