Anonymous

Why am I fascinated by other cultures more than my own?

I am American in nationality and it's such a melting pot here. I have loved world cultures since I was a little girl, but I never focus on my own for too long. From childhood I never even knew that much about my culture, even though I have an ethnic name. I also hung around other races more than my own as a kid because lots of kids my own race bullied me and were predominantly the only ones. I never felt like I belonged in my own race. 

It sounds like bad experiences turned you off to your own race and that possibly you don't like mundane things. That's sad. American and European cultures and folklore are some of the best in my opinion especially Germanic (Franco, Anglo, German) with things like castles, literature, knights, fairy tales like little red riding hood, yodeling, classical music, etc. Even American culture (which is really just Anglo culture) has some unique elements like the pioneer era, the wild west, and folklore like Paul Bunyon and Johnny Appleseed, etc. That's not to say that other people don't have interesting cultures. However, you should definitely try learning about your own culture too.