How to get over my throat clearing phobia?

I have acid reflux and allergies and have frequent mucus in my throat . I hate clearing my throat around others because I don't want to draw attention to myself or annoy anyone. But I lose my voice if I don't clear it. How can I stop being so afraid to clear my throat in public?

• Lila

When you're in public go to a place where there aren't many people around and try clearing your throat.

You could try this.  Practice clearing your throat in public as follows.  Start with clearing your throat as quietly you can.  When you're comfortable with that, increase the sound just a little.  Keep progressively increasing the sound little by little, not moving on until you're reasonably comfortable with the sound level you're at.  (Of course, you can limit the number of times you clear your throat in any one situation.)