? asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How can I find a place to stay? My mom is kicking me out?

She isnt kicking me out like that. She is kicking me out because I want to find a place to work and since covid 19 has been so high where I live (california) she doesnt want me to work, but I dont have any money for food and I need to pay my car insurance and phone bill. She said I cant stay with her if I find a place to work so I'm stumped. I feel hopeless pls help

Asap

She has changed her door knob before so I cant use the house key to come home so I dont have reason to believe she wont do it again this time. Last time it was because I kept going out at late times of the night/coming home late. However in my defense it's not like I was going out doing bad things. I just go to places with friends or contribute to a hobby I like to do; card trading. She thinks everything I do is horrible, unacceptable or just plan stupid. Yes. stupid

go stay in a shelter till you find a job

I'd worry about finding a job first as California is the most locked down state in the nation. This may simply not be something you can do right now. 

Where do you live in California?

The numbers that we are told and the numbers that actually exist on the dashboard are two different things.- On Sunday when everything went all crazy there 13.2% of hospital beds occupied by covid patients in Los Angeles County.  Yet we are told the hospitals are at the breaking point.

Why don't you just tell her you will be super safe.  Get a good qualify mask, not a flimsy cotton 2-ply thing and then wear a 2nd mask or face shield with it.  If you do this, it's really hard to get covid, even if someone is coughing on you with covid.