HVAC acting up ?

So, I had the air conditioner company I’m still under warranty with (brand new home) come by to check out the upstairs unit which blows cold air when it’s at 71-72 degrees. It’s winter. He comes inside to change the upstairs temperature to 77 and it runs warm the whole time. He goes straight outside to the outdoor unit rather than checking the heat pump that’s in the attic, the contactor was recently changed by another technician and he felt the problem wasn’t there. Well, while he was about to take an air pressure reading, he broke something, a port/panel, I can’t remember through all his phrasing but now he has to order a part, dissemble the unit and do a 4 hour repair (On a brand new unit!!!). He left. He said he didn’t see anything wrong with the unit. Upstairs vents still blow cold air unless I crank it up to 73 or higher. Temperatures have been in the 30’s. Downstairs unit is working well and blows warm at 71-72. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Green 666 by isotope rays is NOT forgivable; it leads to permanent hell. 666 is given with World Passport with no name on it (grey plastic card). Police 666 people on highways. Food stores and prisoners/insane asylum folks (released by the antichrist) 666 people too. Reject vaccines. Don't go into UFO to be healed by demons. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents as documents are from Satan.

Source(s): According to the Last Prophet (aka incarnated ARCHANGEL URIEL aka saint healer VYACHESLAV KRASHENINNIKOV) if the last descendant rejects mark of the beast, then his/her direct ancestors go to permanent heaven. To reject mark of the beast, one needs to hide within a 10-15 people group without electronics/documents. Documents are from Satan; burn them. Electronics can be used to track you and to show the antichrist (even on old broken unplugged TV set from 1970's using Tesla's ether); forgive me.
  • 2 months ago

If you have a heat pump, that IS the outside unit. What you have in the attic is merely a heat exchanger. It SHOULD NOT be the first place checked because MOST issues are with the outside unit.

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Ok first the Heatpump is the outside unit.  The unit in the attic is a Airhandler all it does is move air across a coil that refrigerant from the heat pump flows threw.  an it hold the backup heat geussing yours is electric.  He wasn't checking air pressure he was checking the refrigerant level.   

When the Heatpump is running by its self a common complaint is cool air most heatpumps at best put upper 90's to 105 air out of the registers.   Which feels cool to your 98 degree body.  So its possible its working fine.  Check your temp coming from register.   p b l

• 2 months ago

you still haven't found the right company.  ask all your neighbors who they use

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Heat pumps don't really work under freezing conditions.  It sounds like a valve problem or a circuit board problem with the internal unit.

With the 2nd unit working,  the bad valve (that determines hot or cold) seems more likely. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wait until he's got the replacement part and installed it, so he can carry on with his testing. We can't tell what is wrong from here, I'm afraid.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.