refrigerator's engine frequently causes my pc monitor to turn off for 6-7 seconds, what should i do?

refrigerator is not far from my room, and when it starts to work noisy, or when it changes its mode to silence, my monitor turns off for 6-7 seconds then it's back. how can i protect my monitor from such voltage problem? does that mean my monitor is damaged already? btw interesting that my computer continues to work without problem. what do you suggest?

Get yourself a battery backup system like APC  (or there are others).  The circuit includes a surge protector but also a "drain" protector.  When the battery is charged, it acts like a ballast to smooth out power.

Plug monitor to surge protectecd circuit (surge supressor or power strip)

• ?

The Reefer draws a lot of current on startup. Plug your electronics into a seperate circuit and use a UPS to even out the surge.

• Bill-M

Contact an Electrician and have your house rewired so that you computer room is on a different circuit from your refrigerator.

Contact a Refrigerator Service Repair tech and have them check it. The Motor could be damaged.

Those are the two most expensive fixes.

The other thing you should do is get a UPS for your computer.   A Power Supply that uses the Mains to change batteries and the batteries provide power to your computer.  Not the other kind where the Mains provides power to the computers and switches to battery on loss of mains.

uninterruptible power supply [ups] has an internal battery and special circuits that will even out these power fluctuations

Also, an uninterruptible power supply would probably help. Mine sometimes comes on for no visible reason, so I'm especially glad it's there when I'm away for several hours and an unexpected thunderstorm develops.

The refrigerator motor start up is a power draw and all three of your refrigerator, wiring, and electric provider are unstable.

You might run an extension cord from an outlet on a different circuit, or need a power stabilizer/voltage regulator. They exist for purchase or building one from a kit.