Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

What is your opinion of electric bikes?

Electric Bicycles Great electric Motorcycles Not in My Lifetime

I need proper training. I can't control Ather 450X and the Revolt RV 400 in the high-speed electric bikes

An e-bike is not only ideal for doing sports, but also for the daily ride to work, friends, or shopping. Especially, it's friendly with our environment. You can use it to avoid busy subways and buses. So, there's no reason to dislike them. I've got one and I found that it's so great. 

E-bicycles are pedal-help, which implies they utilize a little electric engine to support the force made by your own accelerating. This implies that to ride an e-bicycle you actually need to pedal, which actually requires exertion. Also, that is the reason it's not cheating — you pedal and the bicycle just lifts your capacity

I always wanted one when I was a kid

I have never been on one, but admit they'd come in handy. I don't bike as much as I used to,

but even ten miles feels like more on an inexpensive, heavy Walmart bike in a hot, humid &

windy climate (thankfully not many hills). Laugh all you want but that's all I can afford right now.

Same as my opinion of electric scooters, electric skateboards, etc, Stop being lazy. I’m about to turn 65 and ride a non-electric ‘vintage’, circa ‘80s Japanese road bike and I also rollerblade, although I have had a slew of joint problems, bone fragility from osteopenia resulting in toe fractures, an avulsion fracture in my left knee, an anterior ankle impingement, chronic back issues and so in.  

But I still push the pedals, push the rollerblades and generally push through the pain when I have to. Since I am without a car at the moment I’ve had to do some pretty long trips on the bike such as 40 mile round trips in very cold weather a couple of times, no motor assist on the uphills. I push as hard as I can and if I have to get off and walk a little bit a couple of times I will. But I don’t do a lot of that. Pretty much stay in the saddle.

I know there are people who do more mileage than I do on carbon fiber etc. road bikes but considering my array of health issues over the past decade and my age I guess it could be worse. Call me crazy but I feel like maybe I will live little bit longer if I keep this up, and my brain might function a little better as well. 

Or maybe I’m just a masochist...I guess that’s a possibility as well. LOL

• F

I’ve got one and they are great. You still get the exercise but you don’t have to keep getting off and push when you get to a hill. 

Even If you do, mine helps you then as well.

I must say electric bikes are the best ones because they make you healthy, and they help the environment. There is no reason to dislike them. They are gaining much popularity among those who are looking at a change to their current urban mobility methods.

I had one for five years and sold it because I took my wife down to look at a new one and ended up having to buy two of them - one for me and one for her.  We both love them.  You do get exercise but it is more like you are always biking on a level path and you can go three times as far.  I highly recommend them.