Lauren asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

I accidentally used expired pataday eye drops. Will I lose my vision? ?

They're about 6 months expired. And I used them in both eyes. I looked it up and apparently using expired eye drops can cause blindness. So I'm feeling a bit freaked out. Any insight or advice?  I threw out the expired eye drops so that the issue won't happen again. 

There are a whole range of things that can happen to your eyes between being perfectly fine and blindness. Pataday that expired six months ago is probably less effective that unexpired Pataday. At worst, it may cause a little irritation.

If you can see to write the question your vision will probably survive.

If you can see what you typed, I think you'll be fine but you can always be safe than sorry! Make an appointment with an eye doctor and explain it what happened.

If you can see to read this, you'll be OK.

• Barry

You looked it up? Sounds like bullshit to me. I assume you can still see the keyboard? So stop fretting.