Help me get into Fleetwood Mac please?

I literally only know one song by them and you can probably guess which song that is. GO YOUR OWN WAY

But I keep hearing they are an amazing band. So help me, what other songs by them should I listen to? thanks

• Kurt

Some good areas to start: 

The Blues years (with Peter Green)- "Before The Beginning"

The middle years (with Bob Welch)- "Hypnotized"

The "glory "years (Buckingham/Nicks)- "Gold Dust Woman", "World Turning"

Depends what you usually like. 

My favo(u)rites by them include Everywhere and Little Lies.

Just listen to Peter Green on The Green Manalishi with the Two Pronged Crown. Great guitar great vocals.

If you're truly interested in Fleetwood Mac, you need to go back to their beginning, when it was "Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac."  They were a bluesy rock band.  The songs "Albatross", "Black Magic Woman", Rattlesnake Shake", etc.  The band has recorded since 1967, with several changes of personnel along the way.  Drummer Mick Fleetwood & bass player John McVie are the only members of the original band who have been in every incarnation.   

WELL HERE YOU GO AGAIN YOU SAY WELL WHO AM I TO

The Chain

Landslide

Say You Love Me

Dreams

Gypsy

I'd suggest you get the DVD version of "The Dance". 

It's a major concert from 1997 with all the Fleetwood Mac members involved and some really good examples of their music.

For individual tracks, try these;

The Chain

You Make Loving Fun 

Little Lies

Everywhere

Also, from the earlier version of the band:

Albatross

Green Manalishi

My favorite Fleetwood Mac songs are......

Rhiannon

Dreams

Gypsy

Gold Dust Woman

The Chain

The only song I like of theirs is "everywhere" but even that gets annoying as it's overplayed on the radio. "Go your own way" is rubbish and I've not heard much else from them. I don't think it was an amazing band, legendary yes but, not amazing.