Issues with tattoo healing?

I got a tattoo done 2 weeks ago and I thought it was healing fine – it started peeling after a week so switched from hussle butter to Palmers cocoa butter. It has almost finished peeling but yesterday I noticed a dark circle around part of the design? I messaged my artist and she said it looks a bit ‘angry’ and to go back to using the hussle butter on it. This dark bit looks actually dark red and has now appeared on other parts of the tattoo. I dont know if you can tell in the pic but it sort of looks like dark red blotches. Has anyone had anything like this but then it has healed fine? Just feeling a bit nervous that this has happened 2 weeks after getting the tattoo. Any advice appreciated thanks

That tattoo looks like it was done in someone's basement 

• Laura

It looks like you have pulled the peeling skin away before it was ready to come off the body, leaving small wounds behind.  

Stop 'helping' your body peel your tattoo.  The only way you can help it is to wash and moisturize it regularly and not touch it.  

• kelvin

your tattoo looks fine to me

Friend ink is poisonous. I'm not going to decorate my skin with poison thank you

Red ink is a pain in the butt for most people. You could be having a slight allergic reaction to the red ink as its healing. I have one that's all red, and that was probably my worst healing one out of all of them, and I have quite a few. Is it itchy or painful? If not, that's good, but you should still try and ice the tattoo, use the hussle butter as directed, or another very thick, fragrance free lotion, keep it moisturized, and avoid any scented soaps for now. You can also try and take an antihistamine to see if that will alleviate anything.