Are fortune tellers correct ?

I am 22 year old female, I don’t know if fortune tellers are correct with talking about the future and stuff like but idk. Would you trust a fortune teller? Truthfully 

• 2 days ago

No, they will take your $s and spend 5 minutes telling you a few vague positive things. They are all charlatans because the supernatural isn't real.

You'd enjoy yourself more if you spent the money going to the cinema or buying a book, and then you'd have some change left over.

• 2 days ago

the future does not depend on your palm.   If somebody has no arm, they still have a future.   It depends on yourself, your choice.....

• R P
    4 days ago

A good 90%+ are frauds and just do cold readings and say vague things.  Pretty much comes down to if they charge money, they are fake.

I myself do have some talents, so i  know there are some good apples out there,  but good luck finding them.

• 1 week ago

Do it for the entertainment value of it believing in it is something else.

• Phil M
    1 week ago

Truth lies only in the present and the past. The future holds only opinion.

• 1 week ago

Here is a good rule of thumb......if they are dressed up in a costume wearing a ton of gawdy jewelry and asking you for money for a reading then they are CHARLATANS.  In my extensive experience in this community, I'll tell you that 99% of them are CHARLATANS.  MOST of them are cosplay wiccans who got their (lack of) knowledge solely from reading the Harry Potter series and think all of that crap in those books is real and genuine and that just reading the series makes you a high priestess or a master at divination.  THESE are your "fortune tellers" of today asking you for $50 for a reading.  I can count on less than one hand the number of tarot readers I would call legit.  You would be better off learning the art of Divination yourself - PROPERLY.  www.bota.org  offers a very good and comprehensive education about the tarot and how to use it properly.  I studied under them for many years when I was younger than you.  

• ?
    1 week ago

There are a select few with a gift of foresight, but that doesn't mean all of them can be trusted. Some fortune tellers are frauds and the legit ones may not have full control of their gifts. And even if they do, bare in mind they're still human, and fallible.

Seeing into someone's future is not a guarantee that their vision or prediction will come to pass.  What they see is only potential future if nothing changes from your current path.

This makes legitimate psychics difficult to believe in, as they may have seen the probable outcome, but something unseen diverts the path.

You can go to a fortune teller and have your palm read or use some tarot cards and for all you know, they might be right. But they could also be fake. I'd proceed with healthy skepticism. If they were right, you could go to them again later. If not, no harm no foul.

• 1 week ago

Yes I would trust a fortune teller, but only because I know how they work.  And they're not psychic.

Any honest fortune teller will have a disclaimer that says their services are for entertainment purposes only.  The smart ones will have their customers sign a copy before anything begins.  That should tell you everything you need to know about their cosmic abilities.  If you think a psychic fortune teller is anything but a paid entertainer, you're completely immune to logic and reason.

One of my insurance customers was a local fortune teller shop, a rather successful one, and I went there to do a basic fire inspection.  I told the owner I'd love to know how fortune tellers do it, and she offered to show me exactly how it works.  If I paid the introductory price of $15 for a reading, she'd give me the full service and explain how she did it after it was done.  I couldn't resist, so I forked over the cash.

She did a reading for me just like any other customer, and I was extremely impressed.  I know she didn't have psychic powers, but she seemed to know details of my life that even my closest friends didn't know.  And true to her word, she answered all my questions once she was done.  Honestly, I would have been less impressed if she actually had psychic powers.

Her most effective technique was something called the Forer effect (aka the Barnum statement), which is the art of saying something really vague but making it sound really specific.  She pointed out that she never said I almost drowned in the rapids when I was 12, she just said I had a frightening experience involving water when I was younger.  Because who hasn't had a frightening experience with water?  I heard her say those words, and my mind drew the connection to a personal experience.

When she did make specific statements, she used a trick known as confirmation bias.  She told me that I was much more intelligent than any report card said when I was in school (true), that I appear self-confident but tend to be overly critical of myself at times (true), that I have a strong sense of right and wrong (true), and that sometimes I wonder if I made the right decisions in life (also true).  That stuff is true for everyone, because it's what everyone wants to hear.  It's amazing how often people will believe you when you're telling them what they want to hear.

Her other trick was called cold reading, which is the art of getting information from someone without them knowing they're giving it.  She knew I was "in a serious committed relationship but sometimes I have doubts" by seeing the gold wedding band on my finger.  She didn't use the Force to know I was a "locally famous musician", she saw the guitar pick in my wallet when I opened it to pay for the reading.  Cold reading is so effective it's used by detectives when questioning suspects, and so sneaky it's not allowed in a court of law.

That's what I trust fortune tellers to do, and that's why they get paid.

• 1 week ago

Usually no, but i can tell you now your having a misery life if you don't break up with that no good & don't pay 'em bills on time.

• 1 week ago

No, I wouldn't.  However, sometimes they say things that resonate with you and become a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Remember, you are in charge of your destiny, not some screwball who does a cold read on you and interprets tarot cards to tell you what you want to hear.  And yes, this is coming from some one who did tarot readings in college as a way to get some extra spending money.