? asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 week ago

Why is pineapple on pizza something that people tend to love or hate?

It causes such divided opinion. I am generally neutral on it, but most tend to either be really pro or anti.

• ?
    1 day ago

I know some Italians and I have never heard them say "Gee lets have some pineapple on the pizza pie!" It's like the pineapple lost its way to the fruit salad and it should stay there in my opinion.

• 3 days ago

its a bit of sweet, sour and salty, some people just like that combo together. Its like the combo of sweet and sour pork/chicken, its sweet sour and a bit salty.

• ?
    3 days ago

It tends to be rather juvenile, sort of like chicken nuggets.

• 5 days ago

In Australia, it is not a Pizza or Hamburger without Pinapple

5 days ago

It's just weird eating fruit on top of stringy cheese. Canadian bacon pizza is my favorite, though. 

6 days ago

I liked it, because of the sweet and savory combo. However, I stopped since it's offensive to Italians and it's their food so...

• R.j.
    6 days ago

I like it once in awhile

• ?
    6 days ago

got me , why do people dislike pineapple !!!

• ?
    7 days ago

I can tolerate ham and pineapple pizza because pineapple goes with ham or gammon. I can't have pineapple and something else, with ham absent.

• kswck2
    7 days ago

Because pizza should Never be sweet. Just ask Any Italian Grandma