Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

What’s the point of doctors and medicine?

Everyone will die of something.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Who
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the make the gap from birth the widest

• 2 months ago

Life is technically an STD.  

• Joe
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

The point is that your ancestors usually died by age 18.  Nearly one-third of all births resulted in death by age three.

• 2 months ago

yes, but WHEN?  I prefer to avoid dying when it isn't required yet.  Besides, a lot of medicine isn't just about life versus not-life, it has a lot to do with quality of life, and minimizing pain and suffering is often a good thing, in my view.   

I'll give you a simple example: one time I caught giardia somehow, I don't know exactly how, but it made me empty my innards to a toilet as one runny mess, for days on end, on and off for several weeks before I saw a doctor.  Maybe the giardia would have eventually killed me, I do not know, but I sure as frig do know that having to stay near toilets just in case was not something I wanted to do until I did die.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not everyone has to die just because they got hit by a car or fell off a ladder or got shot.

But if you think there is no point, then don't use medicine (that means no aspirin or anything else) or doctors (that means when you have an appendix burst you stay home and ride it out).

• 2 months ago

They can help you if there is a cure for certain diseases.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

True, everyone dies sooner or later, but to postpone it a bit? Make your living life better?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.