Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

I am mostly disgusted by sex and I have no desire to do it just to please someone else or society. Why is this considered a bad thing?

Even worse, you barely see people admitting to this online. Whenever someone asks a doctor or an advice column about these thoughts or something related to them, the person is clearly shot down and blamed for not being normal. They are often encouraged to seek a professional therapist for mental help.

Sometimes these professionals blame the person's libido and suggest they must work harder to make themselves feel aroused. I have never once heard another person say "It's okay if you don't want to have sex. Not everyone has to live the exact same sexual lifestyle, etc."

I am almost 29 and never had sex out of choice. I have had many offers in the past but never had the curiosity to even try it. Not even my family believes I am asexual. I am even asked if I had sex yet once a year, and every time, the person asking either seems to lose hope or raises their eyebrow in disgust at me.

Is there literally no one else on this site who has decided not to have sex either out of choice, complete lack of desire to, or a bit of both. Is anyone else simply repulsed by it, or is everyone on the planet a sex maniac?

I've looked at images of both genders that are supposed to be arousing, watched videos, etc. and have never been attracted to any of them.

How sad...then why talk about it if u wish to live alone forever?

No rational person considers this "bad" in any sense zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

That is so  good, I would like to be like you

Well done you !  Nothing wrong with you whatsoever.  When/if you are ready and meet the right person for YOU, you'll know...

• drip

You go to a therapist or psychiatrist who specializes in this area.  If you are asexual, then talk about that. It is for you to feel better about yourself. Understand yourself. And your future. There is a difference in being repulsed by it and being asexual. Get to understand your feelings. This may or may not be about your mental health. Therapy doesn’t mean you need to be cured or fixed or changed. 

https://www.throughthewoodstherapy.com/asexuality/

Find support groups near you. 

There is one in Facebook called a Safe ACE place

Google books for asexual support.

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/34439-support-...

Some people have a problem with others being different from them.

There are some dating-sites for people for whom sex is not a priority

I agree with you , to me it was just another house chore before bed time

Asexuality is becoming more accepted. Just steer clear of sexual people and cleave to the millions of other "ace" people who are out there. 

• James

What does interest you and excite you? People are just concerned for you that you are missing out on life's experiences. What's the point in living if you aren't going to live it up

Humans have managed to separate sex from reproduction.  There is no longer a biological incentive behind the sex drive and it's hardly surprising that there are many who have gone off the idea altogether.  Be yourself and don't try to fit into a stereotype.