Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

Cleaning my oven with baking soda and vinegar has never worked for me.  Has it for you ?

Turning the self cleaning mode stinks the house of smoke really bad.  

Wash it with lemon juice and salt,half the amount of lemon juice for salt.Mix it and pour it in or rub it in.Then scrub it with a dry wire wool.At final rinse there with a wet cloth. 

No. It doesn't really work. 

Nope and I do not have a self cleaning mode. Read the directions on how to use your self cleaning mode because you are doing something wrong.

. Oh, I buy oven cleaner spray.  It is a darn sight more stronger than something you can eat.

If you don't want to (over-use) chemicals, then get a ceramic hob scraper and the food glaze in an oven will scrape right off. 

No. Only thin films of grease are cleaned off with those items. I use a commercial oven cleaner most of the time. And a steel-wool soap pad for stubborn areas. 

No. I always use Easy-Off Fume Free for self-cleaning ovens, the one in the blue can. Though it doesn't work as well as regular Easy-Off in the yellow can, which I used in older non self-cleaning ovens, it does still work better than baking soda and vinegar. My mother tried using baking soda and vinegar, but it didn't come out that clean at all. 

Cleaning the oven is one of life's crappy jobs. It takes time, effort, and patience. I hate doing it. Because I clean the entire stove, pulling it away from the wall and cleaning underneath, and the dreaded oven racks, it takes me two days, taking my time. I spray the oven, then spray the racks separately with regular Easy-Off, the day before I start wiping it down. I use scouring pads, steel wool, sponges, and cleansers. Some times I have to spray it twice. But, the oven is super clean after I finish. I also remove the oven door, which sucks, to access the inside of the oven without breaking my back. Regardless, you get out what effort you put in. 

Buy some oven cleaner.

No, the self cleaning cycle works for me. 

No.  It hasn’t worked for me either.   The baking soda dries up and makes a big mess.   Then it never goes away.   I’m desperate cause I don’t want to use harmful oven cleaners but sometimes I don’t have a choice and use it at least in the bottom where it gets dirty the most.   

Clean the oven? Why would anyone do that? Just turn on the cleaning mode an be done with it.

In all seriousness, you shouldn't have to clean your oven very often and really only if you have spills and things. In that case, perhaps an oven cleaner spray would work best.