Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 2 months ago

is the show charmed good?

do you recommend the series?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Monika
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Which version do you mean? I liked the first one although I'm not a fan of the earlier or later seasons. I liked it when Paige was added. 

• 1 month ago

The first few seasons of Charmed were really good. Then they lost the plot bringing in ridiculous characters and story lines.

• 1 month ago

It's not my kind of show, but it does have a audience.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I liked the first version and I'm watching the 2nd version.

You have to decide how much suspension of disbelief you can handle.

Even though I don't believe in witchcraft, I can accept a show based on that premise.  But I find it difficult to accept that there is a secret room in a shopping mall where there is a machine that allows the witches to travel to places like a Stargate.  Why can't witches just use a spell to transport themselves?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The original series is good, not sure about the new one as have not seen it.

• 2 months ago

Ehhhh...it was minimal 'watchable' level quality.

Basically, did you love Buffy the Vampire Slayer?  If so, did you also love Angel?  Did you love them so much that you want a not-nearly-as-good ripoff of that formula with actresses who were catty b*tches to each other on set and just aren't that good?  If so, the Charmed (the original) is good enough to hold your attention.  After having seen it, every episode will blend together in your mind because the show is very formulaic and nothing like BtVS or Angel...but it wants to be.  It wishes it could be.

But if you really want a repeat of the BtVS formula, Smallville or Firefly or the Flash or iZombie are all better and more interesting turns at the formula.  Hell, even Lost Girl is better.  Or True Blood.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.