? asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 5 days ago

How do you react when you can't always get what you want?

• ?
    2 days ago

Grow up and move on.  Life is not about getting what you want all of the time.

• ?
    3 days ago

I think it sucks and then move on, as the Rolling Stones classic states "you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need".

3 days ago

Usually meltdown and start screaming atop my own lungs zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• 4 days ago

I figure there is a reason for it

• ?
    4 days ago

accept it and move on.

4 days ago

I'm upset for a bit. I'll admit it, and I'm older. Then reason sets in and reminders of when I didn't get what I thought I wanted more than anything resulted in things I never could have dreamed for myself.

As I said, I'm older. It helps when I sing what Mick and Keith wrote: You can't always get what you want. It really helps me; it makes me laugh at myself.

4 days ago

just do something else that you can do

5 days ago

I realize that it's just how life works out and has nothing to do with failure or shortcomings as a person. Even if I didn't get what I originally wanted, eventually I get something else I never thought I needed so much. Then I'm glad the other arrangement never worked out at all.

• 5 days ago

I move on i will always get what i want Eventually

• 5 days ago

There are tears, and strongly-worded, rambling emails. Maybe phone calls too, if I can find my phone.