Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

can we put kitchen waste in water and use that water for plants as fertilizer?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes you can, as long as it is not meat based or grease. The water that you use to boil eggs or cook vegetables can be used as a fetilizer. Just let it cool to room temperature before using it on your plants.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

yes you certainly can

• 2 months ago

What is this "we" stuff? I don't know you

• 2 months ago

yes you certainly can 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Plants just want the water not the scum on top of the soil that is getting moldy.

• 2 months ago

I think you'll need to make a system there. That waste can become the reason for the smell in home. But if you manage to put that water directly into that land, then there will be no chance of such leakage of waste in home.

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

yes , its called grey water , for gardens .good for the enviorment but expensive to fit ..

• 2 months ago

No, that won't work. 

You can simply put your kitchen waste (except for meat and grease) into a covered container, and keep it outside while it rots down into compost. Stir it every so often. Putting kitchen food waste into water will simply result in stinky water, attract flies and ants, and not fertilize anything. 

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, it's rubbish you will be giving your plants. They need a proper fertiliser.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I wouldn’t, too much of a chance that food particles would grow mold

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.