Pregnant daughter wants to move in, temporarily?

My husband's 24 year old daughter is pregnant with her first child.  He's had full custody of her since she was about 2 yrs old.  She is set to give birth in early March.  Well last night my husband mentioned that his daughter said that she wanted to move in with us for the last week or so of her pregnancy so when she goes into labor she can have her dad drive her to the hospital.  His daughter has her own apartment and her own car.  She lives with a roommate but said she doesn't trust her roommate to drive her.  We don't even know if the roommate can drive.  Her child's father lives a ways away from her on the opposite side of town so he may not be able to get to her in time.  My husband has always said that he was going to be there for his grandchild's birth and I excused it as just talk.  Especially with covid.  I don't know how I feel about her temporarily moving back in with us because when there was talk of my oldest son moving back in he adamantly said no.  He said no because one of my son doesn't work a full time job and tend to like to smoke weed and drink.  Since he said no to my son moving back in "temporarily" why should I agree to his daughter to moving back in "temporarily" until her child is born?

Updated 4 days ago:

@B

The plan is for her to only move in for a week or so so that when she goes into labor he can drive her to the hospital.  After she has the baby she's going back to her apt, her and the baby.

• 2 days ago

It's your job to care for kids grandma.

• KTJoe
    2 days ago

Cold world we live in....Daughter needs to stay permanently at least five to six years mother and child gonna need a lot of help. Comparing your son a man to a woman with child c'mon a man can live out there, find work a place to live even if in a homeless shelter. You're woman don't be mean take husbands daughter into your heart. If not you may be the one in the street.  

• 3 days ago

Why don't you just dispatch your husband to go live with his daughter during that last week instead? The excuse about driving her to the hospital is pretty weak--but have you at all talked to her to find out why she is so anxious about it? Instead of just thinking of 'evening up the score' with your husband over your son?  I think your priorities ought to be for the safety of mother and baby--and not your own hurt feelings. But I don't know the whole story, either. 

You just seem to want to exercise some vindictiveness and not concern over the issues your step daughter may be experiencing. It's her first kid. Give her a break. And TALK to her AND your husband about these issues, don't let them fester into huge problems. 

• ?
    3 days ago

What, are you 12? Grow up. You are butthurt that your loser son couldn't move in but now are trying to deflect that back on a stepdaughter that is about to give birth? Pathetic

• 3 days ago

Once shes in she wont leave thats how this stuff works. good luck 

• 3 days ago

Who owns the house and who pays the bills? If you do, then you have the final say, but if he does, then he has the final say. Doesn't seem that big a deal though so I don't think you should worry about it. Let her stay until the birth. You said she has her own apartment so I don't see why she'd stay beyond what she said she would. 

• ?
    4 days ago

She seems independent and able to take care of herself which seems like her stay will be temporarily.  Your son on the other hand seems like a free loading loser who will stay for years.

Babies can and do come early and quick, I really I wouldn't wait until the week she is due.  I wouldn't want my daughter home alone about to give birth with nobody there to help her if something happened because that happened to me.  My ex was deployed when I was pregnant and both of our mom's were coming for the birth (together).  They lived in Michigan where we are from but we were stationed in Texas.  My baby came a few weeks early though and my neighbor ended up taking me.  Essentially, I had my first baby alone.

As long as I have a home, my kids regardless of their age have one too and my husband (who is step-dad to my older 2) would feel the same way.  Fvck I've had foster kids who are well into adulthood now and if they need help ..  we're here.

Baby daddy here is questionable..  really he should be staying with her for this so that's raising some red flags here.

Overall I call bs on your story.

• 4 days ago

She's heavily pregnant, and doesn't have support to get her to medical care otherwise. What's wrong with you?

4 days ago

I don't even need to get my crystal ball out to predict a divorce in your future.  What a horrible, spiteful woman you are and what a caring father your step-daughter has.  You don't deserve him.  I can totally see why he doesn't want your addict son in the house.  You wouldn't be doing him any favors either by taking him in until he cleand up his act.  You would really deny a young woman about to have her child support?  Wow, just wow.  Well, the solution is for your husband is to either go stay with his daughter to help out or put you out and take his daughter in.

4 days ago

letting her back to give birth is very different to allowing an unemployable stoned loser move in.

if i was in that situation your opinion would be irrelevant as you are clearly an idiot,

go ahead kick up a fuss, you will find your butt out on the street.