Why was the Sony PS5 launch a complete failure?

We all know sheep will just go along with it..

And some people don't mind paying 1k for a system that is $500.. I am not one of those people.

The fact that Best Buy, Amazon and Walmart don't have systems is pathetic.

No launch without 100 MILLION UNITS ready to ship.

If you go 1 million RETHINK THE LAUNCH.

Also, HAVE GAMES READY TO PLAY.. SAY MAYBE 10 to choose from.

Whoever is running Sony is a MORON... Had to have known for YEARS that the new system would be popular... Just only produced a couple units?

Honestly, I think Sony did it on purpose to create fake hype.. Sony knew MILLIONS would want the system...

I think I am done with Sony and gaming..

I've said for years, "Sony" stands for Sh*t ON You. The bottom line for them is how much money they can make from their consumer base, not customer satisfaction.

ps1 great system had one ps2 another great system had one ps3 another great system didn't get one ps4 what the heck is wrong with sony can you play your old games on it heck no you have to buy new games for it ps5 why did they make it owning the fact that they sold out at holiday time because they didn't make enough systems money wise for sales so anyone who wants one they're out of luck because they don't exist now!

it is not what. it's just disguisting scalpter

Yeah, that launch was pretty weak. I thought they would at least release the next God of War with it, but that's not out until later this year. I blame covid, somewhat, but also the Xbox game pass. PlayStation's lame "PS+" and PSNow can't keep up. 

• garry

there price is too dear , maybe , and the new games are expensive ..

The same thing happened with the Wii, it was hard to get because they didn't produce enough at first but it ended up being the biggest smash hit console ever. If I had to guess I'd say Sony is currently trying to replicate that scenario to inflate their sales when enough consoles are made. I doubt it'll work as well as it did with the wii but it may work well for them, buying Sony stock now might be a good idea. But you're right that it's insane that consoles don't have a great launch library like they used to in years past, the fact that they advertise stuff like Fortnite alongside their few new games is mind-boggling to me. 

It looked like Sony rushed to try and compete with Microsoft on the console release date.

Other than my PS Vita I got on sale and my Hand-me-down PS3 which I honestly use more as a dvd player than anything, I really don't use playstation. I only bought a ps5 for my older brother's birthday as his ps4 broke.

As for the stuff you mentioned... I just imagine with everything going on they didn't plan ahead, which is stupid, but that's the reality. Also I don't think that it helped that people were buying them in bulk to sell for double the price on Ebay.

I haven't bought anything past the 360 and PS3, which I got years after release when they were cheaper, and someone literally gave me their old PS4. Most games nowadays come out on steam eventually, too, which is what I mostly use now. I just don't see any reason to keep spending so much money on a new console, especially when they don't exactly seem all that great or much better than the previous versions. Like, updated graphics? Woopty doo. New games that are on steam a year later, or end up being garbage anyways? Great. It's like iPhones. They come out with the same crap every years but with a better camera and everyone jumps to get one to be relevant. No thanks.