Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 2 months ago

What do I need to know to buy a Ring doorbell for my brother who has two doors people come to?

Can you get two doorbells that work together, like in a kit? Is there equipment you need to buy other than just the doorbell or doorbells, I mean other than your smart phone or PC or whatever?

...like a ringer... is there a ringer in the house that goes "ding-dong"?

those darn Ring doorbell/cameras are expensive.  READ their website and ask their support people your question ... you would need TWO Ring units [and even the cheaper one is 100 usd] but I do not know if they can be set to give two different tones on his cell phone.  [the in house wiring is straightforward and will give the usual two different tones if his house is set up that way ... mine is not, so ...]  -- grampa

You need to know how many doors, and if he WANTS one.

My doorbell has a connection for the front door and rear door. Front door rings "ding-dong", rear on goes "ding" in simplistic terms. Find a kit with two tones, one for front door, one for back.