lydia asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

I brush my indoor/outdoor cat 2x a day.  Is this as good as a bath?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cats don't need baths.  

If you have a cat that is old and cannot reach all places of their body to groom properly, they should stay inside.  If you have a cat with health conditions that require you to bathe them, they should stay inside.  

• 2 months ago

I have two cats, one nearing the end of it's life span and the other only a couple years old. They are both very healthy and clean and have never been exposed to water or bath. Cat's shed a lot and groom themselves a lot so bathing is unnecessary. Brushing is probably a good idea since it will remove particles drawn to their fir by static electricity. This also gives you a chance to check for insects. However, I would only brush once per week.

• 2 months ago

The solitary time you would have to give your feline a shower is on the off chance that they ruin themselves they can't get out with their tongue (for example shrouded in mud, paint, and so forth) Brushing your feline is acceptable, however you don't have to do it two times per day. In the event that you have a long-haired feline, when daily is fine, and on the off chance that you have a short-haired feline, when each couple of days OK.

• 2 months ago

Yup that's fine! Cats don't need to be bathed (unless they're hairless cats) so the brushing is good because it'll help cut down on the amount of hairballs they get. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

cats unlike dogs do not need bathing. The only people who wash their cats are those showing their cats in competitions. Cats are always grooming themselves. Brushing them is good as they probably like this.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You moved yourself from an equal to a servant. Anyway, that's fine. Don't try to bathe it. You'll get deep scratches if you do.

• 2 months ago

The only time you would need to give your cat a bath is if they make a huge mess of themselves they can't get out with their tongue (e.g. covered in mud, paint, etc.). Brushing your cat is good, but you don't need to do it twice a day. If you have a long-haired cat, once a day is fine, and if you have a short-haired cat, once every couple of days okay.

• 2 months ago

Cats don't need to be bathed; they do it themselves.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Our cat is almost 6 years old and she has never needed a bath.

• 2 months ago

cats don’t need baths regularly at all 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.