Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Why are so many bank branches closing ?

Do these idiots realise that not all of us like using online banking or mobile. Sure it’s handy but when something has gone wrong you now have to phone customer service and be put on hold for a very long time. Before all these closures and covid I could simply visit my local branch explain the issue and usually have problem solved instantly. But now with less branches everything takes a lot longer

Why? It’s taking longer to simpler tasks than ever before 

I remember when I paid my bills by mail. Like 25 years ago. And I thought I was a slow adopter.  I have never had a smart phone and I use my flip phone primarily for the radio when I play disc golf at the park. I use online banks and credit unions. And I use the credit union shared banking so I can make deposits 2 miles from my home for a credit union in other states.

i went to one recently to cash in a check (using the machine) - how behind the times are some people ! ^_^ lol

sending checks pfft, some people are just plain dumb and lame.

really didn't want to go out that day either.

• Judy

to save money........................

• denise

Its true, I'm afraid, my local bank branch closed a few years ago now,  and my local building society is closing next month!.

Any of my financial dealings have to be done by travelling several miles.  Unless I can do less important ones at my nearest post office, even 2 of those have been closed in the past few years!.

They are not considering senior or less mobile customers at all!. 

Their cost cutting, and say its not 'feasible' to keep the 'small' outlying branches. Surely they are going to let some staff go?, They cant all work in the big town / city branches??  

It's cheaper to go digital. 

They are not idiots, they are cost saving, at the expense of customers.