UK. Where can I get sliced bread where slices are 16cm square or larger? Slice thickness not important. Specific named loaves please!?

Please don't SUGGEST loaves, but list the ones you KNOW are the right size (or larger). 

I have a 2-slice toastie maker and for the LIFE of me, I have yet been able to find a loaf of bread where the slices are big enough to fit it so the toastie maker's crimp-down edges can seal the toasties I'm making (a little excess/waste is to be expected). Warburton's Toastie sliced loaf 800gm (currently in orange packaging from Tesco) is far too small for my toastie maker. I want a much larger slice, do you know any specific loaves that will meet my specific requirements? 

Slices need to be minimum 16cm by 16cm. Thanks! 

3 days ago

16cm!  Did you measure right, or is that the diagonal?  The biggest pan loaves you can get are Scottish batch/plain loaf which are considerably larger and have a sturdier texture than English bread.  They'll be tall enough, but I don't think they're 16cm wide, not even my 3lb loaf tins are that wide.  If you're in England try looking to see if your supermarket has it available to order online.  Mother's Pride is probably the most available brand as they're owned by Warburton's, and yes, the top crust is meant to be that dark and can be trimmed off if you don't care for it.

• kswck2
    3 days ago

Just ask the baker to slice the bread to your preferences. Most will. 

• 3 days ago

A Warburton loaf is about the biggest size loaf you will get. 

What about using those round flat breads you can buy. They are the size of a dinner plate!

• ?
    3 days ago

I'm not in the UK but your question suggests now is a good time to learn to bake bread.