Why does everyone think   YouTube is considered social media?

I don’t see anything social about making and watching videos  so therefore YouTube isn’t social media.

I answered your question yesterday, sir.  Here's what I said:

"Just because YOU don't understand what social media is, I thought I'd offer YOU an explanation.Social media is computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information through the building of virtual networks and communities. ... Users engage with social media via computer, tablet or smartphone via web-based software or web application, often utilizing it for messaging."

• Lv 7

well, it is social, and it is media (video).

why do you think it is NOT social media? perhaps you need to look up the definition of these two words...

• Ducky

YouTube have a comment section as well as a “community” section where channels can write posts and polls. 

Of course it is. Look how many popular social media stars have an account. Even the president had one, which was just shut down because he was using it to reach his Republican followers. But, almost everyone who is someone in social media has an account. And, why wouldn't they. It's the most popular video site on the planet. It's so much easier to take what's on other social media sites and transfer them to video format. 

In the way of the comment section it is. And posting videos to respond to other videos it is also. That is what they mean probably by social.