Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Does any made 38 revolver or mag 44 come with a safety? +BA?

I want one for conceiled but am afraid it might go off in my holster, pocket, or if I drop it, or fondle it when drunk.

Or walk around with it in my hand.

I can be kind of careless with my 22mag revolver that has a safety and requires you to cock the hammer back each time.

For BA: Do you think 22mag is superior to 22lr, or not by much.

Thanks.

I mean strictly at home of course.

Or for concelied carry l.

Lol you people are rude. I'd love to own a machine gun for fun. I live in the country btw.

I can get drunk and carry guns and shoot them on my own property. You people need to stfu and calm down. I'm a professional redneck and very good shot.

I can drive my tractor drunk too.

None of you answered the 22 mag question

Just acted like concerned parents. 

Ok 1 guy finally answered. So 22 mag is like a 44 mag compared to a 9 mm?

I noticed hollow point 22mag for handguns is superior to 22 shorts or 22lr.

Well I would like to know by how much but I can look that up.

Being drunk with a gun is no different than being drunk with a sharp real sword or sharp giant army knife. 

If you are that scared of the gun you should not be carrying a gun.   

you are going to get alot of flak for the drunk comment. ill bet more people do it than they want to admit. 

but no, revolvers generally do not have a safety. im sure if you really wanted to, you can have one put in. but it doesnt do anything. 

ive gotten so used to checking every weapon to an empty chamber that even in my dreams when i pick up a gun the first thing i do is check the chamber. 

get there. 

thats all i can say about your worrying about a safety on a revolver.

otherwise, there are some smith revolvers that have a safety lock. tauruses too (why cant i spell taurus all of a sudden? that doesnt look right.)

also. yes. it is much different than handling a giant knife when you are drunk. a knife does not shoot into you or someone else with the press of a button.

If you are prone to "PLAY" with any gun, stay well away from them, drunk or otherwise.

Never heard of any holstered gun discharging without 'pulling the trigger'.

That American arms 'PUG' cannot possibly fire without the hammer back, the cylinder locks between rounds.

Maybe you should stick to Airsoft. 

Being armed and drunk beats all safety plans.

Removing the ammo from a weapon makes it "safe", unless someone uses it to beat you with...otherwise its still a loaded weapon, troll.

I agree with CTM and would like to suggest a 3rd task you should perform:

Get counseling for alcohol addiction.

What you describe goes beyond responsibly enjoying an occasional drink, and into the territory where you are a risk to yourself and those around you. It would be best for everyone - especially yourself - if you did not handle a firearm again until you've completed a professional detox program and have quit drinking for life.

• Robin

The most common revolver with a safety is the Singapore variation of the webley revolver 

First off, when you say armed with a firearm when drunk .... THAT IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL. When intoxicated it is illegal to be armed. Alcohol and firearms DO NOT mix.

Modern revolvers are safe to carry fully loaded. In the old days as BBean says you put the hammer down on an empty chamber.

BEFORE you choose to "carry" # 1 consideration MUST be to know your firearm. Until you do, you are dangerous to yourself, not only others. When choosing to be armed you take on HUGE responsibility. Being RATIONAL in all situations is of utmost importance. Being rational also means you should know your firearm and how it works.

• BBean

Some may call it a transfer bar and some may call it a hammer block but the bottom line is modern weapons should not fire when dropped, however, I will claim only 99%.

If you want to be like Trampus on the TV show  "The Virginian" then let your hammer rest on an empty chamber...in his time era the revolver could possibly fire when dropped on a hard surface at that "sweet spot" angle.

A .22 magnum is substantially more powerful than a .22lr (not stating how much more so let`s establish that point) They are two different types of cartridges...The .22lr has a heeled bullet which means the bullet diameter is the same as the case diameter. The .22 magnum has a larger case diameter than .22lr and the bullet diameter is smaller than the case. The .22 Magnum bullet is pressed in like all the rest of the cartridges. The .22 Magnum will NOT load in a standard size .22lr firearm....just to save the trouble of asking.