Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I have agoraphobia with no support from anyone?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a very scary phobia you have. A lot of people just have to deal with it, even though it doesn't go away. Get some very professional psychiatric help.

• 2 months ago

Can you leave the house at all?  Do you have home healthcare?  Does your psychiatrist know that you have no help at home?  This is a spirit of fear and it comes down generation after generation until it is cast out.  Scripture says, "God did not give you a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind."  Humans have many different fears, i.e. fear of failing, fear of tests, fear of leaving home, etc.

• 2 months ago

I feel for you.i had that for almost 23 years.It's absolutely horrible,and like migraines or lower back pain,people don't really "understand" it unless they've experienced themselves.There's not a "Benzodiazepine" or "Anti-Depressant" that you can name that they didn't try.The ONLY thing that finally helped me was 2mg of "Clonazepam" (i believe the US calls it Klonpin) a day spread out in 4x  .5mg tablets a day.Once your on it,your on it.It's highly addictive and Drs. try very hard not to prescribe it.PLEASE ASK YOUR DOCTOR THOUGH FOR ANY TREATMENT.WHAT WORKS FOR ONE PERSON MAY NOT WORK FOR ANOTHER.BEST OF LUCK!!!

• me
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

A lot of people feel that way dont feel alone...seek help if you can

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why haven't you sought therapeutic help? There's plenty out there.  Agoraphobia has had treatment protocols for many years.

• 2 months ago

You are part of a very large group.

• Zoozu
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Find an online therapist, a Facebook group, or some other support group so you can talk to others about learning to live with this condition or even overcome it. Baby steps. But do connect with others, that is important.

• 2 months ago

Basically, therapy for phobias, explained in The Feeling Good Handbook by psychiatrist David Burns, is making a list of situations, ranking them according to how scary you find them, and using that ranked list as your objectives. Imagining a situation can be an objective. Start with something really, really easy.

The thing to remember is never go from objective A to objective B until you feel completely confident with A. Things that give you confidence are experience and slow breathing. There's enormous laboratory and clinical evidence that slow breathing is effective for calming people down quickly.

Two psychiatrists, Brown and Gerbarg, say a 10 or 20 min slow breathing exercise - 5 breaths a min - is good and 20 min twice a day is a therapy for anxiety. The exercise is inhale and exhale gently, 6 seconds each.

• 2 months ago

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20201...

While it is not common, I know many with agraphobia.

• 2 months ago

well you must be very proud of yourself

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.