Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 days ago

How to tell someone that you dont enjoy being with them?

A person at work ( who was previously a friend) lied to me twice so far and they have a poor judgement about what makes me dislike them...now they told me that they hope I am not disappointed in them, but to be honest I really want to minimize contact with them. He sent me an email saying that he enjoys working with me and would like to continue his work on a project of mine, but I no longer want to work with him and already got a replacement. How do you stay professional while minimizing contact?

• ?
    22 hours ago

Keep it simple.I decided to work with someone else. Let them know you appreciate honesty .

• ?
    2 days ago

Employers hire employees to do a job............not to like or dislike others.

2 days ago

Simply tell him "sorry, I found someone else to work with."  No need to go into any detail.  Limit your contact to work related subjects.

• 2 days ago

Stick to your gut.  The best way to end the relationship is to minimize contact, while remaining polite.  If they address you, be cordial but don't engage in any conversation and look for a reason why you can't be there with them.  Your non-action will convey the message far better than any confrontation.

• 2 days ago

It is what it is. 

When texting came out everyone replied to them immediately like a religion (or message from God or something)... but now people sit on texts until they're in the mood or - ignore them altogether. 

2 days ago

Just send him this picture with no text and let him interpret it in his own way:

2 days ago

Say, I don't enjoy being with you.

• G R
    2 days ago

First of all it would be helpful to know what type of business and or job it is that you do or are at?

Second, ".... so far and they have a poor judgement about what makes me dislike them..."this statement makes no sense???

Just start distancing yourself, don't respond to every email or voicemail keep responses brief, but you do not have to be rude or mean and you don't need to make excused either.

If he keeps pressing you as to what is wrong be straight with him, he lied to you (give the examples..) and tell him you don't trust him and have lost respect for him.

2 days ago

i would just tell them youre busy if they want to spend time with you

• 3 days ago

Yeah right.. What's that.. After you've managed to murder them.. Then you try to act like you care.. Pfff... It's way to late for that . You selfish pigs... Fuuu!!!