Gay and suicidal.. not sure what to do ?

I’m a gay 17 year old guy. I am having recurring suicidal thoughts over it i want a straight life and i can’t stand the fact im gay

anymore. I thought about doing it last night. Like i’m never gonna be happy and i’m done. Like I tried so hard to accept myself but it just isn’t happening. Like i’m having suicidal thoughts over it every other day. Help? 

Being gay is completely okay. But i definitely would consider help with support groups and therapists. I deal with suicidal ideation also...it never stops and it is really hard to fight against, especially when people don't understand its your mind , and your afraid to explain why. Finding a support group is soooo beneficial, having people to talk to who have felt the same way, in person, gives you a safe place to go to open up and talk about how you feel. Plus its anonymous. Nobody knows but the group, and having that interaction can totally change your life. Its like opening a release valve on the pressure your feeling. And don't ever be afraid to cry. Its same thing, a release valve, or throw something when your upset....don't ever take your life. You are valuable and indispensable. 

Please seek therapy and rid yourself of homosexuality, that is a mental illness that leads to suicide. It is not worth it. You can be heterosexual

Talk with your family doctor about getting some meds zxjq

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

do something nice for someone and you in theory will feel better

my mother had a best friend in high school who was gay. he felt that people wouldn't accept him for who he is, and because of that fear and discomfort in his life, he killed himself. the people who knew why were deeply hurt, and i know my mother thinks about him a lot, especially when i or other people talk about being gay or coming out. there are people who will miss you if you do commit.

from the other side, i also used to be suicidal. i tried to overdose, but as soon as i'd swallowed the pills, i realized i was afraid of death. it's a long-term "solution" to a short-term problem. emotions are difficult and hard to process, but if you're willing to confide in people close to you, they'll be able to help.

• Mark

By the time you're 20 or so, you will accept yourself as you are.  I remember when I was 17 and I felt the same way.  I won't offer platitudes like "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem", but you will become relaxed as the years go by.  Just don't use "glory holes" in airport restrooms or other tawdry things.

Please don't do that.   Read the New Testament for answers about life.  I suggest starting with the Gospel of John.  Jesus  loves you and can  help you.  

Just hang in there, it will get easier.

• Sky

It is better to be gay than to commit suicide.  When you get a boyfriend who you are head-over-heels in love with, and when things turn intimate and he fills you up for the first time, you will exclaim, "I want to LIVE!"  Seriously though, if there's any truth to your anonymously posted story, get counseling from a psychotherapist and support from a GLBT support group nearby.

You can have a facsimile of a straight life. You can marry and have children even though you are gay. Millions  of gay men have done precisely that. You will still be gay even if you never have any sexual relations with another guy, you cannot change your sexuality.

At 17 you have the whole world in front of you and it is far too interesting to give up at this stage. I would suggest that some counselling might be worthwhile. It is likely that there is a gay counselling centre in your nearest large town. It might be worth making some enquiries.