Do you believe that people struggle to come out as STRAIGHT?

I know that there are stresses of coming out as homosexual, but Do some of you believe that there are stresses of coming out as STRAIGHT?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Oh for sure, I mean historically straight people have been ostracized, faced violence and hatred, and sometimes even killed for the simple fact that they were born straight. I feel so sorry for your struggle. It must be so hard on you. 

Nice try troll.

• 1 month ago

No, not really. Cause' most of people assume that you are straight, until you go to them tell them that you're not straight(chill, it's an example). But there are straight men who are feminine or stereotypically gay, there are stories of them, that they had to come out to the world as straight. 

Source(s): Crossdresser;bisexual
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, because nobody ever needs to "come out" as heterosexual because at no time in the history of this planet has anyone ever had to hide their heterosexuality or be apprehensive about openly being heterosexual in society.  In our society it's automatically assumed that a person is heterosexual until or unless that person comes out as an orientation other than heterosexual.

• 1 month ago

Natural Instinct is no struggle.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Oh yeah, I have been faking for such a long time, they call me King Furry in the local MacDonald's now hun. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Among elementary and middle schoolers, it appears that there is a contest to establish oneself as independent from one's parents and also as a sexually-aware being.  The kids are encouraged in that by social media sites that ask them to choose their sexuality and gender from a list, in order to complete their profiles.

In that kind of competitive environment, children do feel pressure to be different.  A child who identifies his or her gender and sexuality as the same as one of his/her parents is going to be considered uninteresting or timid by classmates.

This is about the ONLY circumstance in which a person would face a struggle to "come out" as STRAIGHT.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

being straight is what society would see as the "default norm" so no. you will be assumed straight until you tell someone otherwise. that's what coming out is- to come out is to tell others you're not straight or not cis.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is assumed most kids are straight since only about 10% of people turn out to be lgbt. I could only imagine this happening in a rare case where a kid is raised in a gay neighborhood and most of the people around him are gay. This is really a non issue. 

• 1 month ago

In certain circumstances that may happen, yes, but it would be when people were in quite close-knit communities such as radical lesbian separatists.  Compulsory heterosexuality more or less rules it out in most situations though.

• 1 month ago

You don't have to come out as straight.  People just assume you are even at a young age. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.