Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 days ago

When ppl say you need to get your **** together does it mean ?

To get married , buy a house , make 6 figures, have kids and a dog ?

• 21 hours ago

This sentence is used in different ways. Eg my boyfriend has a bit of a temper so I told him “get your **** together or I’m done”. I meant ‘stop being temperamental or I’m done’. It just depends on context 

• 23 hours ago

No, it means being a competent, self regulating adult, looking after yourself, your finances, your home/living space, etc. and to stop being a foolish immature person making stupid choices. 

Hopefully the other stuff doesn't happen until you do. 

• 1 day ago

Just ask them why they say that, I would think it means to be a responsible adult, a good member to society.  

• n2mama
    2 days ago

It depends on the situation. For some people it might mean that, for others it might mean get a job and be a productive member of society, for others it might mean step up and help support and raise the children you’ve already created, for some it may mean mentally get yourself into a different headspace where you can be productive. 

• Liz
    2 days ago

The next time you hear it, ask the person what they mean exactly. 

2 days ago

It means 'Get off my couch and get a job because you're too old to be mooching off of your parents'. You don't gotta be the best, you just got to be better. 

2 days ago

Usually it means to act like a responsible adult. It might include any of those things, or none of them.