Why is it so bad to sleep with socks on? ?

Why does everyone make a big deal out of people wearing socks to bed? 

Personally, I wear socks to bed until my feet warm up, and then I take them off. Sometimes, if my room is really cold, I’ll just leave them on..

what’s the big deal, if they’re clean socks? It’s no different to wearing trousers or a t-shirt to bed? 

Sleeping while wearing socks is helpful in warming up the body and aiding sleep. In summer better to avoid wearing socks if you're habitual then there is no harm in trying those which are made up of thin fabric.

I generaly use it during winter, otherwise no.

it is once personal interest and how they feel with cold in the room

NO. I have never heard that it's bad to sleep with socks on. Wearing socks in bed can help improve your ability to fall asleep. 

Because you breathe from feet

Apparently the bacteria from your feet and socks can contract so they therefore need ‘air’ - not sure if that is a myth or not. To hell with it! Do what you like :) 

Who is this "everyone" who makes a big deal out of wearing socks to bed? Billions of people do. So what?

• kelvin

who even says that

It's not bad, that's why there are bed socks.

There's nothing bad about it. Maybe those who think it's bad don't live in a northern climate. 

When it gets intolerably cold where I am in New England, I wear socks to bed along with some other warm gear. I do agree with not bringing the dirt to bed; however, when it comes to staying warm, I'll deal with the dirt later.  

All the studies show it will help you sleep, prevent cracked feet, etc. The only drawback (which you mention) is they need to be clean when put on your feet. Don't wear them around the house and bring all that dirt and dust to your bed.