I'm from Morocco,my family hate me because I'm gay?

I'm 17 years old,my family is very angry because our religion bans homosexuality,it's worse than being a criminal. I need help and live alone,can I live alone being underage or not?

12 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Wherever you are, you can get mature advice from the counselors at the Trevor Project, a support group for LGBTQ youths. They have a a 24 hour toll-free number (in the USA and Canada) and an online chat service and email.

    In the USA, you can live alone as young as 16 if you have an income you can live on and can show that you can take care of yourself. The age when you're considered an adult is different in other countries and for different purposes.

    But unless you're actually in danger, it's better to live with your parents until you're older. The older you are, the more control you have over your life, from where you live to what you believe. In that regard, it gets better.

    Best wishes.

    Source(s): Www.theTrevorProject.org 1-866-488-7386
  • 1 month ago

    Listen to them, I know it’s a brown religion but they have this right 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I dont know what the actual laws are in Morocco but I assume everyone is Muslim which are against gays and treat gays as if they chose to be gay.  Maybe try and get into a more Christain country like Portugal, Spain, or France or even further into Europe and once there claim refugee status on the grounds that living in Morocco is dangerous for gay men.  I know Britain has accepted gays from Muslim countries before as refugees so likely there are other countries that may accept you as a refugee.

      If you need free accomodation then try a website called silverdaddies.com which mature aged men are seeking young guys for live in friendship with sex and may offer you a free place to live and free food in exchange for being their sex partner while you are there.  I realize you may not be into mature aged guys but if you are willing to live with a guy for a while it will give you a cheap or free base to work from while you try for refugee status.  Maybe put in your profile on silverdaddies that you seek accomodation and food in exchange for being their boy while you stay there and apply for refugee status, and likely you will find men who will help you.

      You must be in a country before you apply for refugee status there and should try and take identification documents like a passport, birth certificate, or even just a driver's license.  A passport will make it easier to travel to and between countries so is handy if you can afford it.

      If you want to be out of the influence of Muslim laws against gays and live a free and open gay life in a foreign country where gays are accepted then it may be your best option.

  • 1 month ago

    Lets just consider what you are saying about the beliefs in your religion.

    According to them.  "it's worse than being a criminal"

    If that is honestly how your religion sees it,  I would be out of there as that is a very sick belief. 

    Consider exactly what you are talking about.   A hypothetical.  Two Brothers.

    Brother one:  This is a gay male.  You have same sex partners.  You both like what you do in the privacy of your bedroom.

    Brother two:  This is a straight male.   He breaks into peoples homes and steals their things.  Just last weekend he came home with the latest PlayStation and a hand full of games.   The unfortunate home owner is now looking at making an insurance claim which he knows as its his 3rd claim the insurance company may cancel their policy but he has to do something as the PlayStation belonged to his disabled son who is very distressed now. 

    Just go back and consider brother one.  He causes no one any harm.  He and his lover want to be together.   Where as brother two criminal activity causes his victims distress and hurt and his quest will never be satisfied.   

    If you cant see how flawed what they are saying is then you deserve the grief they will inflict onto you.    Bite your lip,  finish school and get a good job then move out and live your life as ''nature" made you because being true to your self is the only path to happiness.     If you attempt to be who you are not,  you will for ever be miserable. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    Since you've stated that you're "FROM" Morocco and your English is quite good, I'll assume that your family moved to another country where English is the lingua franca.  Given the time that you posted, I'll assume that is in the western hemisphere - perhaps the US or Canada.

    It's really hard to discover that you have sexual interests that aren't in line with what your family expects.  The only blessing is that we generally don't become aware of our sexual appetite until we are past the point of idolizing our parents.  In fact, by the time our sex drive really kicks in, many of us are past the point of fascination with our peers...we no longer think that whatever our peers say or do is what WE should be saying or doing.  So these are good things.

    But the bad things that can't be avoided are the clash in values that we experience, and the sense of repression, both of which stem from conflict with those we love or admire.  The only way to get past this is to realize that those you love or admire have enjoyed the privilege of going through this same sexual awakening and being free to indulge it without condemnation.  They've lived a sexual life without repression - and YOU should be able to do exactly as they have.  It's not so important that THEY should understand this, but it's critically important that YOU should.

    Can you live outside your parents' home at 17?  In both the US and Canada that's possible, but it's not necessarily a smart thing to do.  You won't be able to sign the lease for an apartment (assuming you can afford one).  That means you'll have to find some social aid agency or charity to help you with shelter, or you'll have to live with friends or on the street.  Living on the street is not something you should consider, ever - unless the alternative is being beaten or starved.  Shelter and food are the biggest considerations.

    Unless your family mistreats you terribly, your best bet is to remain with them until you can either go away to college, join the military (both the US and Canada accept gay recruits now), or find employment that will let you provide for your own shelter and food.  After all, at 17 you don't HAVE TO be having sex, but you DO have to have a roof over your head and food to eat.  And being able to take a warm shower every day and don clean clothes (without fleas or lice) is a definite plus.   

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Muslims are evil people who kill their children and call them "honor killings."

    Your best bet is to convert to Christianity and leave your family behind forever.

    God bless you!

  • Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    If your life is in danger then you should hide your homosexuality until you are capable of leaving your family. In most countries you are considered an adult when you reach 18 years old, so you don't have long to hide. 

    If I were you, I would tell my parents that I would do what they wish. If they are critical of your homosexual baggage, then tell them that you are sorry, but there are some things beyond our control. If they say hateful things to you, then remind them that they are your parents and you will always love them. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Once you are 18, you can apply for refuge status in several countries - Canada is one. In the meantime, you must find a place that is safe.  Try to find an organization that helps LGBTQ individuals be safe in their own countries.  They will also help you to apply for emigration. You need to be safe first and foremost.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

     Save up enough money while looking for another place zxjq

     . . . . . . . . . .


  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Well you shouldn’t told them about your homosexuality. That’s why it’s better to keep it a secret if you live with unsupportive family members. The best thing you can do is to get a job, save money, and move out. And make sure to never see your family again if they are unsupportive because of your homosexuality.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.