Paint quiz help?

It is a very hot and humid day, relative humidity was foretasted at 85%. The foreman says there will be no painting today. What would happen if one were to paint in high humidity?

A) there will be condensation on the paint resulting in defects such as streaks, fading and poor adhesion.

B) risks of splattering wet paint onto nearby surfaces and possibility of moisture blisters resulting on painted surfaces

C)The finished with not fully cure resulting in defects such as wrinkling, ripping and lifting.

D) all of the above 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

E. The surface is damp and takes a long time to dry.

F.Gloss paint will FLASH(go flat) or run or do both.

G. Paint(almost all is water based Latex) will go on Thin so lousy coverage.  It NEEDS ANOTHER COAT to hide the paint color underneath.  Many painters try to cover the walls in 1 coat.(instead of 3)

What ever gave you the idea it was as simple as 3 possibilities?

A,B,C, happen because of OTHER REASONS(you listed 8 separate possibilities...and I added another 4

Chemistry is a byatch.  But, you got to know it.  Also about mechanical adhesion.

Any advertiser who does the advertising with MONKEYS...is just trying to push product. He ain't responsible for the results.  It is your $Loss.

• 2 months ago

Bad surface preparation.  Soak the surface of whatever you are painting and then paint it.   See what happens.

• 2 months ago

D) all of the above are totally expected. 

• John
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Union painters in Oregon add powdered Tide laundry soap to their paint. The reason is feasible, to fool the state paint inspectors. I met the President of HP in Corvallis, Oregon but did not snitch the union painters down. The President of Black and Decker is cool. I was Secretary of Electronics Automation Corporation, an office.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A)                                   

Source(s): Painter for 13 years.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.