skirch asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Upstairs neighbor leaves dog on balcony 3 am when he goes to work. The dog barks nonstop and owes didn't to my porch. how do I stop this.?

1.  You could try taking to the neighbor.   2.   If direct contact is something you do not want to do,   talk to the land lord.   3.    If the land lord does not do something about it,   complain to animal control.  

How do you stop what? That second sentence was gibberish

Purchase an "anti-barking device" from Amazon or a Pet Store.  The device is a Godsend.  You merely push a button and an ultra-sonic horn blasts the dog's ears.  Humans cannot hear it, but dogs can.  I've never met a dog this didn't work on.  I use it as a training device too.  My three dogs will go to the fence of my very large yard, nearly 60 feet away from my window.  I merely point it out the window and blast my dogs.  They immediately shut up and run back to the house.  But, no more barking.  They even stop barking when I merely pick up the device now, without me having to even use it.  Of course, him being over your head won't even matter.  The sound can be heard around corners... even thru a door.  Once he stops barking, you stop.  A couple of nights is all this should take to stop this noise.  And, the dog's owner will be none the wiser, or anyone else for that matter.  Very few people can even hear the noise.  I have phenominal hearing and all I can hear is a very tiny noise that I couldn't begin to describe.  Totally almost not there.  These devices are very cheap... and mine are the cheapest I could find.  I recently ordered one more expensive... but the cheap one works the best.

I’m sorry. I’ve had terrible neighbors with roosters crowing at 2-3 am so I know how it is. Definitely try to get recordings without the neighbors seeing you and keep a record of when it does it for if you can use it. Don’t yell directly at the neighbors because it never will get you anywhere, even though they deserve it.

Then call the relevant authority in

Call Animal Control.  It is cruel & abusive to leave the dog there.  Piss & sh it can run onto the balcony below.  The dog is bored out of its mind & has nothing to do, so it barks.

Call animal control, or move. Co front the owner.  Yell at the dog to shut up. Give it a beef ribs bone and train it?

3 am is very inconsiderate. 8

Edit: Holy cow kreaky kiwi is a nutjob lol. I'm not even going to report that lol. What a no life libtard.

Lectured you on grammar, and judged other users. Hahaha 

Tell the owner and asks him to put a muzzle on the dog. 

Obviously, the owner doesn't care. And the manager surely knows. You complain to the ASPCA & move.

• "Upstairs neighbor leaves dog on balcony 3 am when he goes to work. The dog barks nonstop and owes didn't to my porch. ❌how do I stop this.❓"

🟠UPDATE at end.

💥Q1: What the HELL was your   "and owes didn't to my porch"   SUPPOSED to mean?

You've been in Y!A for at least 20 years, so SHOULD know how to add your explanation, but as you don't even bother CHECKING and CORRECTING your typing before posting it

(your   "leaves dog on balcony 3 am"   SHOULD be   "leaves HIS dog on HIS balcony AT 3 am";   and you didn't start your QUESTION with a capital letter, didn't end it with a ❓ - so Yahoo added the ❓ but didn't remove your full-stop [aka "period" to Yanks & Rebs])

it is probable that, despite you having been in Y!A for at least 20 years, you've never bothered to find out how to. So right now 🤯LEARN and REMEMBER:

★a: Click the ( Edit ) under your Question, then

★b: click the [Add Update] that will appear, followed by

★c: typing the missing information into the clear area that will appear.

★d: Then CHECK and CORRECT your typing, before clicking [Submit].

Then answer my 💥Q numbered question - so far no-one else has bothered to try to FIND OUT what you meant.

And if you didn't understand my "aka", it stands for "also known as".

🐕‍🦺Being a dog-lover since 1950, and a dog breeder since 1968, I consider that NO-ONE should have a dog unless they have a back door that opens straight into a securely fenced back-yard. Which rules out EVERYONE who doesn't live on the ground-floor level - no underground "basements", no level 2 or higher flats.

I also rule out every TENANT who doesn't have their landlord's written permission to keep THAT kind of dog on THAT rented property.

Meantime, you've had some VERY bad advice.

🤢[Robert]  hasn't thought about your OTHER neighbours alongside and above you. His advice is so bad that IF you follow it YOU become an offender against THEIR "peace & quiet". If you choose to record the dog, you then VISIT that neighbour and play the recording to HIM while inside HIS flat, then explain your only alternative follow-up action.

🤢[Anonymous]#1  is merely "taking the mickey" - you COULD report him for that, calling it spam.

🤢[patricia] who SHOULD be [Patricia]  is as careless as you when it comes to "punctuation". If you want QUICK action buy a raw bone and a kong (make sure that bone & kong are a SIZE that suits THAT kind of dog) plus something to fill the kong with, visit the offending dog-owner, show him how to fill the kong and explain that the bone is for after the dog finishes emptying the kong. Your peaceful mornings should be worth the small cost of those 3 items. The timing would have been perfect had you done that on 25 December 2020!

🤢[Truthseeker] overlooks that the dog is likely to make just as much noise while inside, which DOESN'T solve YOUR problem. But it does add to the owner's problems, because the dog will have to piddle-poo INSIDE the flat - and landlords DON'T "like" that!

🤢[Anonymous]#2  is behaving as badly as Donald the Trumpet did before those low-lifes invaded the White House. You could report HIM (= [Anonymous]#2), too, for "recommending violence".

🤢[Anonymous]#3  did reasonably well in his 1st paragraph, except for "not to keep" instead of "to not keep", and the "it" in "If the dog barks or toilets there and it falls to your deck" standing for "the dog", not the faeces and urine. Far too many people need a remedial class on the use of pronouns and what they MEAN in different constructions. His "continual bark" also needs correction. He has a spelling error, but it doesn't alter the meaning of anything. In his last paragraph, his "you ours drive tanks through" and "will even shoe you" demonstrate how IMPORTANT it is to CHECK AND CORRECT one's typing BEFORE posting it. Even when Yahoo had a "Yanklish-only, and not a lot of that" spell-checker, I preferred to write my answers in my own software, which had ENGLISH as the default spell-checker, Yanklish as 1st alternative, German as 2nd alternative. At present I have just ENGLISH running.

The majority of posters in Y!A have such poor English & Yanklish that they SHOULD compose ALL their typing in a top-ranked WORD-PROCESSOR that not only spell-checks but also checks the GRAMMAR and warns you when your sentence is getting too long & complicated. And only when the word-processor is "happy" should a writer copy&paste from the word-processor to YahooAnswers, or to an e-mail.

Note that, although you could use my comments to help you decide on the most sensible procedure, I haven't actually GIVEN my answer yet - I need your response first.

🟠UPDATE🟠:

Cowardly [Anonymous]#6 wrote:

║ 3 am is very inconsiderate. 8

║ Edit: Holy cow kreaky kiwi is a nutjob lol. I'm not even going to report that lol.

║ What a no life libtard.

║ Lectured you on grammar, and judged other users. Hahaha

To which my comments are:

🔸a: Your "3 am is" should surely be either "3 are" or "3 a.m. is" or "3am is". Learn English, kid.

🔹b: What on earth is an   8   doing out there?

🔸c: A cow - whether religious or not - has nothing to do with a kiwi. But I am not a kiwi - I am a Kiwi, and I used the "Kreaky Kiwi" username because my age makes me kreaky. LEARN the rules of punctuation for proper nouns versus common nouns, kid.

🔹d: There is no word "nutjob" - nor "nut-job". See:   https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definit...   In English:   https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definit... ,  meaning 4★ (= nutter) is close enough. But only the jargon/slang lists currently recognise "nut-case", "nutjob" or "nut-job" as actual words. Which of those lists last the century out remains to be seen.

🔸e: I certainly do "have a life" - 80¼ years of it, so far, so have to wait nearly 20 years to find out which royal will copy QE2 who sent my paternal greatgrandmother a CONGRATULATIONS! telegram on her 100th birthday. Dad's brother & mom's sister each made it to 96, so I THINK I can keep my promise to my bride (that I am going to live to 100 and get MY telegram).

🔹f: As with d:, there is no ENGLISH word (nor Yanklish word) "libtard". See:   https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/libtard/   and   https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/rex-huppke/...

🔸g: "lectured" & "grammar" - no, I INFORMED [skirch] of several things that people IN Y!A should be AWARE of and "live up to".

🔹h: "judged others" - of COURSE. "Others" (including cowardly you) NEED education - which was my career! I was a TEACHER of primary school children (although I did get one 16-or-17-years-old through the School Certificate that he had failed the year before), and so had to judge what the pupil is capable of currently learning.

I expect people who ask or tell things in Y!A (and elsewhere) to have enough RESPECT for their readers to CHECK their own typing and CORRECT their own errors before inflicting it on other people - many of whom have neither English nor Yanklish as their natural language.

YOU have not shown any such respect, nor made any attempt to HELP them learn.

https://www.nzedge.com/legends/robert-burchfield/   &   https://www.nzedge.com/news/custodian-of-the-engli...   a literacy hero of mine, born 17 years before & 131km/81miles south of me. We nevertheless both did our university study at the same NZ university, albeit years apart. He was responsible for what was probably the biggest-ever revision of the Oxford English Dictionary - the 2nd edition, 21,728 pages in 20 volumes, published in 1989, and currently selling for over $1,600+. It is unlikely that a 3rd edition will ever be printed - it will be purely on-line.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968