Lisa asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I work a rotating shift pattern so my schedule changes each week, how and when should I take my meds?

I am starting a new job on Monday in which I work rotating shifts each week.

Week 1 - Nights (10pm-6am)

Week 2 - Afternoons (2pm-10pm)

Week 3 - Mornings (6am-2pm)

I take Sertraline each morning but I’m worried of how this schedule will affect it. How would you best suggest scheduling taking them please? Will changing the time so take them each week affect me? If I still take them of a morning but work a night shift will they affect me during the shift as the daily dose begins to ware off?

in reply to ‘LAN’. It’s now the weekend so my gp practice isn’t open, and I start on Monday. I only got given the job today.

• Liz

Call a pharmacy and talk to a pharmacist about this. They will be able to give you good advice as they spend years studying medication. 

Why would you change the time you take them each week?

There is a gazillion times during the week that are convenient EACH WEEK at the same time.

It doesn't wear off each day - it's in your system for weeks.

• LAN

A same person would know enough to ask a doctor.