david
david asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What seasonings are good on beets?

I like beets, but I have no idea what to put on them to enhance the flavor.  Any ideas?

Put the spices on beets like cumin, cinnamon, pepper, paprika, and caraway seeds as well as fresh mint, or coriander. That will be good and tasty. 

I never season beats.  They are usually part of some dish that has its own seasonings very often a salad. 

Their good with goats cheese and a sprinkle of nutmeg or cumin.

• IvaB

I love beets, so my approach is not overly 'cheffy'. Butter,salt&pepper.The lilly doesn't always need to be 'gilded'.

• denise

• Ivan

I think salt and vinegar goes really well on beets.

Just salt and perhaps pepper. I don't know of any other seasoning that enhances plain beets. Pickled beets are another thing and with those you can use any seasonings you'd use in any pickled vegetable.

If I am having them hot, I roast then just salt and pepper.  The bit of olive oil used in roasting is enough for flavor. 

If I am having them cold they go into a jar with vinegar, sugar, water, salt, pepper and some sliced onions, good to go after they sit in the fridge for a few hours a few days is better. 

soft goat cheese and beets are a combination made in heaven, but if you want a more made up side dish slice or dice cooked beets into a small gratin dish.  Top up with lightly salted and peppered light/single cream, dot with goat cheese and bake until piping hot and bubbling and the cheese has stared to catch colour.

onions of all kinds go well with beets.  Dice some finely and make up a weak vinaigrette.  Turn in very hot, freshly cooked beets and allow to cool until warm and serve, or let cool completely and refrigerate before using the next day in salads. 

• kswck2

Due to the unique flavor of beets, go with the KISS Principle-Keep It Simple Stupid-Butter, salt and pepper. 

I like a little butter, apple cider vinegar and black pepper.