can i plug a freezer in on the same outlet used for my washing machine?

You need to check the amps on the breaker you have for that particular receptacle.  Make sure it's enough.

• Moya

Yes 

................

yes you can no problems 

Check the breaker rating.  Over 10 amps and you are good to go.

• L

No.  Your freezer needs to have it's own outlet.

• ?

This is NOT an ideal situation. Both the washing machine and freezer should be on dedicated 20 amp circuits. If you have them both on the same circuit and they start at the same time it will most likely trip the breaker. 

It works fine for me.  Just check your appliance ratings vs the circuit amps as others explained. 

• T C

The washer should be on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

With that said check the amps for both the washer and freezer. I am mostly concerned about LRA (lock rotor amps) not running amps. Both of those should be on the motor and compressor name plates. Some plates may have start up 

amps…. it is not the same as LRA, but close.

Now consider if both the compressor and washer start up at the same time. Most likely you would exceed the 20 amps but you may be ok as the breaker will not trip immediately.

I am not sure about the washer, but a compressor can take 6 - 10 seconds in LRA

Probably, but just check the amperage of the washer and the freezer compared to the amperage on the circuit breaker