can i plug a freezer in on the same outlet used for my washing machine?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You need to check the amps on the breaker you have for that particular receptacle.  Make sure it's enough.

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes 

• 1 month ago

yes you can no problems 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Check the breaker rating.  Over 10 amps and you are good to go.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No.  Your freezer needs to have it's own outlet.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is NOT an ideal situation. Both the washing machine and freezer should be on dedicated 20 amp circuits. If you have them both on the same circuit and they start at the same time it will most likely trip the breaker. 

• 2 months ago

It works fine for me.  Just check your appliance ratings vs the circuit amps as others explained. 

• T C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The washer should be on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

With that said check the amps for both the washer and freezer. I am mostly concerned about LRA (lock rotor amps) not running amps. Both of those should be on the motor and compressor name plates. Some plates may have start up 

amps…. it is not the same as LRA, but close.

Now consider if both the compressor and washer start up at the same time. Most likely you would exceed the 20 amps but you may be ok as the breaker will not trip immediately.

I am not sure about the washer, but a compressor can take 6 - 10 seconds in LRA

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Check the breaker rating.  Over 10 amps and you are good to go.

• 2 months ago

Probably, but just check the amperage of the washer and the freezer compared to the amperage on the circuit breaker

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.