Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

How to overcome depression? ?

I’m not in a good place in my life right now, my mind is all over the place. I have no desire to do anything or be around anybody I have no one I can talk to that would take me serious about my depression. I’d rather just not be here at all. I hate everything about myself & I don’t know what to do I have ugly thoughts all day long, my job makes it even worse I can’t keep feeling like this but the feeling does not go away. 

Also I was drinking way more I would use that to get me through so many things and I haven’t been doing that for about two months and yeah I just don’t feel right. I don’t want to be that drunk girl either I just want to be happy with myself. 

Have you tried the church for help? In many places churches are still allowed to open, despite the lockdowns.

Alcohol makes it worse. It's a chemical that depresses the nervous system and it can lead to alcoholism. 

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach. The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel. 

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. You're welcome to click on my name and read. This has details about self-help based on cognitive-behavioral therapy and lifestyle choices that help with depression - nutrition, basic lifestyle things like sleep, exercise, and social support, also traditional Asian methods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

Having depression is something that takes a long time to overcome. Just talking to anyone about your depression is one way of helping overcome it. It took me 7 years to get over depression over a friend's death. Find just one thing to make you smile of feel good. Keep focusing on that. When you start to lose focus on it, find something else.