do you think saturday detentions should be banned as they are too harsh of a punishment ?

i few weeks ago before our school closed because of covid myself and 8 friends had a saturday detention for missing lessons one afternoon, m we had to be in school on a saturday at 830am we had to wear full school uniform white shirt tie black blazer etc,

we had to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence for 4 hours with just a 15 minute break and write punishment essay, it was a HORRIBLE punishment, my parents said thats the point its meant to deter future wrondoing WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ?

I think it was four hours of your life and not particularly stressful either. And it's a good lesson for later in life, I mean, if you can't handle 4 hours in school uniform, writing an essay, then how are you going to handle a potential future Monday to Friday 9-5 office job with a dress code? Not speaking for 4 hours is also a good skill to have.

And hey, if you deduct the lessons you missed, the punishment seems almost like nothing.

Yes i think its unhealthy

I agree with your parents. 

Please learn to punctuate.

• Lili

If you think Saturday detentions are a harsh punishment, you are one soft little creature.

maybe but i would just not do anything to get punished

Meh, it's not so bad. Sometimes it's even worth it, depending on what you did to get it.

What were you going to do with Saturday morning anyway? Sleep in? Pull the pud?

And it's not like you have to write a GOOD essay... you can play games to pass the time, like seeing how many times you can use the word "penguin" in your essay. Remember, whichever teacher is running Saturday detention, they clearly got the short straw in the staff room that week, and some poor sod is going to have to read all of that cr@p.

You'll probably experience a few Saturday detentions in your time there, most kids do, and the ones that don't clearly have no teenage rebellion in them.

• T J

You are lucky it was not for a 8 hour detention.

I never had such punishment for missing school. They do it for moral correctness, but I think it's faulty and it needs to change. I would never submit my kids to any harsh punishment, the old ways never work I swear man.

Don't want Saturday detention, don't earn it. It's that simple.